Question ~ Are We Ghosts In The Realm Of Hungry Ghosts

December 29, 2015

Hi Luv et alii,
Judaism, Christianity, ten commandments, Buddhism, Hell of Hungry Ghosts
Am I a Hungry Ghost
In Judaism and Christianity the Ten Commandments deal with improper desire. 

Buddhism also has nothing good to say about improper desire. 

Matter of fact Buddhism even has a special hell for those who were greedy in their time as humans, the Hell of Hungry Ghosts.


'Hungry ghosts are depicted with large bellies and tiny mouths; driven by greed, they seek endlessly for something to eat or drink, but even when they find a morsel they can swallow, it turns into filth or fire in their mouths.'
I don't know about you but when I look back at humanity's history or to the world today it seems to me we just might be living in the Hell of Hungry Ghosts.

Take care, be generous,
The Old Man

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated because this site does not allow the promotion of hatred, violence, or other nasty stuff. You do not have to agree with me but if I would be embarrassed to have my mother read your comment it gets dumped!