Wisdom From The Middle East ~ 'wind they sow, and a hurricane they reap'

January 29, 2016

reality cheque,karma,control,enemies,mercy
My life has created my enemies.
When they offer me harm
Who should I
Be upset with?
Hi Luv et alii,
'For wind they sow, and a hurricane they reap, Stalk it hath none -- a shoot not yielding grain, If so be it yield -- strangers do swallow it up.'
Yesterday our neighbour decided it was time to teach us who's the boss. This morning she continued the lesson. She seems to have forgotten that the last time she and her friends tried this they lost.

She and her friends will lose again. Between now and then things will get worse.

The difference between this time and the other times is that this time I have taken a sacred vow to my wife that I shall fight the anger, hatred, disgust and vengeance demanding angst that in the past has strongly influenced my behaviour towards her and her friends and family.

With attentiveness and awareness I will control myself. I will realize when I am in a situation where all of my negative emotions can burst upon me. I will stop them.

SWMBO knows how hard it is to destroy old ways of reacting and creating new ways. She understands I am still mired in my old Survivor Habits. She accepts that I will not always react properly. She has vowed to help me live up to my vow. She is a good friend.

A final thought for this letter?

It helps to remember that in the past I was the one who sowed the wind. Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Buddhism agree that our thoughts and actions create our future.

Their behaviour has in many ways been caused by my past. This being true should I not be angry with myself and merciful to them?

Take care, stay safe,
The Old Man


Labels: , , , , , , ,
edit

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated because this site does not allow the promotion of hatred, violence, or other nasty stuff. You do not have to agree with me but if I would be embarrassed to have my mother read your comment it gets dumped!

Search This Blog