Noah Would Have Had Flashbacks ~ Estimated Six To Eight Inches Of Rain In Less Than One Hour

"...on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened."
Noah, Philippines,monsoon,downpour
Nothing Is Permanent


Two nights ago we had a nasty big thunderstorm that lasted for hours. I don't mean a bolt of lightning and a peal of thunder now and again. I mean bolts of lightning machine-gunning us and rolling thunder nonstop for more than an hour.

This morning the heavens opened up and we received six to eight inches of rain in less than an hour. Our gardener, my wife and myself spent the last half of that hour cleaning out the drainage system. When we laid out our garden we kept most of the natural slope. But there are natural choke points where leaves and twigs block the flow.

Now the sun is out, the birds are singing and I'm blogging. Ain't life grand!

The Old Man


Comments